Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A message to my former Freshman... soon to be Juniors!



I just want to say that having you guys for this semester was among the most enjoyable teaching experiences I've ever had. I'm always happy to inform the rest of the English Department teachers that next year is going to be fun with "the 16th wave." I haven't encountered so many talented writers within one group at KMLA ever, and it makes teaching writing so much easier and more enjoyable when words truly land on the page.

Looking at the blog list on the left, I only see 3 students maintaining their blogs to some degree. I'd like that to be 66 blogs. I understand it is definitely vacation and hopefully most of you are using that time to relax and read and do what you want to do before jumping back into the grind. Junior year is pretty intense. That said - keep blogging and maintaining an inventory of your school work. If you end up in my class again (for anything, even debate) I'll ask you to use your blog again. If you don't end up in my classes, you should still copy and paste some of your better work. Someday you may want to read it again.

Happy New Year! All the best in the year of the DRAGON!

7 comments:

  1. Happy new year Mr. Garrioch :) I really loved your classes and I'll work on my blogs next year too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year as well Mr. Garrioch, and thank you very much for teachnig us this semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a wonderful semester Mr. Garrioch :) I really enjoyed your class, it made me enjoy writing! Hope to see you again in next semester! PS. Will you keep commenting on my writings, if I post them on my blog? PS2. A very very happy new DRAGON year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do my best Mr. Garrioch. I'll work hard to meet your full expectation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reflected for leaving my blog alone ;( I was also happy learning in your class!
    It would be a priceless class that I can't attend outside KMLA :D
    Thank you, Mr. Garrioch!
    16th, Ryu Jin-gyeong

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice at the same time as you amend your site, how can
    i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast
    offered vivid clear idea

    my website - click here

    ReplyDelete